A student is withdrawn from a course due to:
- Not meeting the requirements of Grace Period (20% completion of the course within 28 days)
- Inactive in the course over a period between 7-21 days
- No Work
- No Contact with Instructor
Each enrollment (segment) generates a curriculum fee ($43-$97 for SY2021) after the student is past the grace period. Because of this, MDVS must have written approval from a district staff member to reinstate a student. The best process for this to occur efficiently is below.
- Student realizes he/she was dropped from the course.
- Student contacts their guidance counselor and requests to be reinstated. Students are directed to do this via their course announcement page and the Student Dashboard in the Learning Management System.
- The counselor requests for the student to be reinstated via Freshdesk.
- Anyone can send an email with the request to email@example.com.
- You can also submit a ticket via the Freshdesk and have access to view your current tickets as well as closed tickets.
- Create a Freshdesk Account
- You will receive an activation email that will contain a link for your to activate your account.
- Please use the attached document to learn more about how to create a ticket within the system. What is great about having an account and using the email address is that when you send a ticket in via your email address, it will show up in your Freshdesk portal.